Thursday, November 20, 2008

'True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value.' Ben Jonson


Shoshana (left) our postal delivery person, rang the bell yesterday to say her goodbyes. Apparently the PO meanies (my term) have redistricted the neighborhood and reassigned Shoshana, and the Universe has once again shown us that we are powerless against loss, or change or meanies keeping friends from our doorstep each day. Shoshana and I were kindred spirits from the start. I admired her sense of style and I believe she coveted my coveralls. Not only did she deliver our mail and take letters back to the PO, she sang, she quipped, she left the most thought provoking notes. If someone needed help, she helped, in a myriad of ways. Her megawatt smile lit up her route and these goodbye hugs took place wherever anyone was at home. I 'pity the poor fool' who takes over for Shoshana. I know for certain that happiness will follow her wherever she goes. Job more than well done kiddo. Thanks, and goodbye.
Posted by Picasa