Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose...


Oh, that song has just been playing in my head. Most people don't have as much fun as I did in Court yesterday. The contents of my purse were fascinating on the xray machine. The errant officer showed up looking smarmy. The A.S.A. looked tough. The judge had long blonde hair and a really fun job. The other defendants looked very worried for the most part. Their attorneys joked and chatted and MY attorney looked handsome and totally in his element and winked at me. He told me to stand to his right when my name was called and truly, I barely got up to the Judge, when it was suddenly over. I'd rehearsed a curtsy if she said 'Not Guilty Of Course' but everything happened too quickly and I was ushered out of the room.'One Thousand Percent Not Guilty of Speeding Of Course' was the decision! I managed a snottyface at the smarmy cop, and as we walked through the Courthouse, everyone knew my attorney, stopped him, complimented me about him (they did!) were happy to see him, hugged him. I hope I never have to go back there, and am grateful I won't be needing even these kinder, gentler handcuffs.
Posted by Picasa